Summer Days Tie-Dye Sundress
Spend your summer in relaxed style that still makes a statement. Comfort meets cool with an abstract tie-dye design in beautiful shades of blue.
- Wash dress and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Use marker to draw a few random lines and circles on dress. Pleat along these lines and secure with zip ties.
- Scrunch remainder of dress into random, flat bundle and secure with rubber bands.
- Mix dyes according to package directions. Apply Blue dye along zip tied sections of dress.
- Pour a small amount of Turquoise into extra mixing bottle and fill with water. Add additional dye or water to create a light shade of turquoise. Test on scrap fabric until desired shade is achieved.
- Repeat above step with Green dye.
- Apply diluted dyes randomly to scrunched sections of dress. Apply full-strength dyes sparingly to accent.
- Cover dyed dress with plastic and let set 6-8 hours.
- Remove bands and zip ties from dress, and rinse under running water to remove excess dye.
- Wash and dry dress as fabric requires.