Ombré Dyed Scarf
June 14, 2018
Transform a boring white scarf into your go-to accessory of the summer! Ombré is a simple technique that has a stunning outcome!
- Wash scarf and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Mix dye colors and pour each into a plastic cup. Colors used here are Fuchsia, Teal, and Orange. Have water bowl filled and ready to use.
- Use brush to apply first dye color to scarf edge, and blend upward adding more dye or water as needed to blend.
- Apply second dye color to center of scarf, and blend dye into first color as well as upward, adding more dye or water as needed.
- Apply third color to scarf edge, and blend into center color, applying dye or water as needed to blend.
- Allow scarf to set 6-8 hours.
- Rinse scarf under running water to remove excess dye.
- Wash and dry scarf as fabric requires.
What You Need:
Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® Luau
100% natural fiber scarf with tassels
2-3" disposable paintbrush
Large water bowl
Plastic cups for dye colors
Disposable plastic table cover