No-Sew T-shirt Swim Coverup
Beat the sizzling hot summer temperatures with swimwear that's as cool as the pool! Turn an over-sized T-shirt into an adorable swim cover with a few easy no-sew alerations and a bright tie-dye pattern.
- Wash shirt and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
- Twist shirt into a spiral and secure with rubber bands into four pie-shaped wedges.
- Mix Lime, Turquoise, and Purple dyes according to package instructions.
- Apply Turquoise and Lime dyes to banded shirt, alternating colors in the pie shaped wedges.
- Turn shirt over and apply Purple just to back side. Turn shirt front side up.
- Cover dyed shirt with plastic and allow to set 6-8 hours.
- Remove bands from shirt and rinse under running water to remove excess dye.
- Wash and dry shirt as fabric requires.
- Lay shirt out flat. Cut straight across neckline from shoulder seam to shoulder seam.
- Cut off sleeves starting at underarm and ending at top edge of shoulder seam. Your shirt should now be completely open at the top.
- Apply a strip of Fabric Fusion tape along the cut edge of neckline and fold over approximately 1” to create drawstring casing. Repeat on opposite neckline edge.
- Use extra T-shirt fabric to cut two long strips. Thread one strip through each casing to create gathered neckline.
- Tie opposing strings together on each side to create shoulder ties.