Galaxy Reverse Dye T-shirt
June 14, 2018
Here's a real twist on tie-dyeing...the reverse method! All you need to reverse tie-dye is water and liquid bleach. Instead of applying dyes to a plain white fabric, you start with a solid color and alter the existing color. You take away the manufacturers' color and then add your own for a look that's out of this world!
- Wash and dry black T-shirt.
- Tie shirt in desired tie technique.
- Mix bleach solution- 1 part bleach to 3 parts water and pour into squeeze bottle.
- Apply bleach solution to your shirt as you would dye. Keep an eye on your shirt and when it reaches desired lightness, remove bands and rinse under running water. Shirt may still be slightly brown in bleached areas. Should only take 30- 40 mins, maybe less. Don’t leave bleach on too long or it will burn holes in your garment.
- Wash shirt and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface.
- Mix desired dye colors and apply to bleached areas of shirt, making sure dye saturates to back of shirt.
- Allow to set 6-8 hours overnight then wash and dry shirt as fabric requires.
What You Need:
Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit Super Big
Black cotton T-shirt
Plastic squeeze bottle
Disposable plastic table cover