Reach your creative target in no time with the Tulip® Kaleidoscope tie-dye kit! Color tees and more in a few simple steps – just add water, shake and apply! It’s easy as pie, or should we say, easy as “dye”!
1. Wash shirt and leave damp. Lay out flat on covered work surface and smooth out wrinkles.
2. Lay out a paper plate at shoulder and waistline of shirt. Trace around plates with washable marker.
3. Pleat along drawn line, drawing fabric into a straight line so marker forms a straight line along the tops of folds. Secure along this line with rubber band or zip tie.
4. Secure additional ties outside of first tie to create desired number of color sections.
5. Mix dyes according to package instructions.
6. Apply dyes as desired to tied sections of shirt. Cover with plastic and allow to set 6-8 hours.
7. Remove ties and rinse shirt under running water to remove excess dye.
8. Wash and dry shirt according to dye package instructions.